5 Signs You May Have Electrical Problems
As a homeowner, you try to keep your property safe. You probably lock your doors and windows and make sure the batteries on your fire alarm are replaced regularly. However, common dangers are everywhere. You may be missing out on some important electrical safety knowledge that could be vital to protecting yourself and your home. Your home is full of items that use electricity, from the light bulbs that help you see at night to the appliances you use to cook and clean. In order to protect yourself and your home from exposure to potentially dangerous situations, you should know the signs that indicate a possible electrical safety hazard. From flickering lights to tripping circuit breakers, here are several common signs that could indicate a problem with the electrical wiring in your home. If you live near Baton Rouge and have any of the following electrical problems, contact the qualified professional electricians at Champion Star Service for help today.
Flickering or Dimming Lights
If you have one light that flickers or gets brighter and dimmer on its own, that may be a cause for concern. It is possible that there could be a problem with the light fixture or light bulb itself, but it could also be a sign of a problem with the electrical wiring inside your home. To be safe, you may want to have the situation evaluated by a professional electrician. However, if you have more than one light that flickers or dims and brightens, then that is a sure sign that your wiring may be unsafe and you should contact the qualified electricians at Champion Star Service right away for an evaluation and repair.
Are any of the outlets in your Baton Rouge home showing unusual signs of electrical activity? If you are seeing char marks on or near your outlet, you may have an electrical issue that requires prompt attention. Likewise, if any outlets in your home are warm to the touch or making a buzzing sound, that is an indication of a dangerous situation. Similarly, if you have one or more outlets that are not working at all, you could have faulty wiring inside your home. Any unusual behavior from your outlets is a serious sign that you should call Champion Star Service as soon as possible for help.
When you turn on a switch, a lamp, or an appliance, you should never hear an electric buzzing sound or feel a shock. Even a slight vibration from an switch or appliance could be dangerous. If you are experiencing a buzz or shock, you should immediately turn off the circuit breaker to that outlet and then unplug that appliance or lamp. You will need to have a professional electrician come to assess and safely repair the problem.
Frequently Tripped Circuit Breakers
Most Baton Rouge homeowners have probably experienced a tripped circuit breaker. Usually, circuit breakers trip in order to shut off the flow of energy on a circuit when the circuit gets overloaded with too high of an electrical load. Sometimes this happens in a house with safe wiring, simply because too many items were plugged in an drawing power at once. However, if you are experiencing tripped breakers regularly, that could be a sign of a problem with the wiring in your home and will need to be evaluated by a licensed electrician as soon as possible.
If you detect the smell of something burning in your home but cannot determine where it is coming from, the problem could be coming from the wires inside your walls. Often, if the smell is coming from your wires it will smell like burning plastic. If you suspect that a burning smell is coming from the wires in your Baton Rouge home, do not delay in contacting the qualified professionals at Champion Star Service so you can avoid a house fire and protect the safety of your home.
If your Baton Rouge home is showing any of these warning signs, or if you suspect that your older home may need updated wiring, please call the licensed electricians at Champion Star Service today to ensure the safety and security of your home.